Δευτέρα 20 Αυγούστου 2012

Mebook - my second e-book reader (????)


Mebook

Mebook is my ‘replacement’ of the turbo x e-reader that froze two times after its purchase. As noticed in my previous posts , the fist time froze in 14 months and the second time in only 9 months after the service replacement . The bad service from the customer service dept caused me a major problem by everyday printing my news from the net using facilities of our office. This way I was urged to everyday print at least 10-15 sheets of very condensed text

Luckily I have found a ‘fantastic’ as per most comments the model Mebook a supposedly “e-reader” with multimedia facilities. I have bought it last month via an Amazon seller called Fowlers for GBP 54 . instead  of  the more advsertised MOnster Bookshop (link to the mebooks page ) for GBP45 due to unknown restrictions made by Amazon's order confrmation  page

Here are the specifications from the Amazon's page

Technical Details

  • Reader formats: TXT,FB2,PDF,PDB,EPUB,SKT,HTML etc. main format
  • Audio formats: MP3,WMA,OGG,FLAC,WAV,AAC,APE etc.
  • Video formats: MKV,AVI,RM,RMVB,VOB,DAT,MP4,FLV,3GP etc. 720P
  • Image formats: JPG/BMP etc,background
  • TF,Maximum 32GB supported

Fowlers were very prompt to receive the money and sending it immediately , saying they have an excellent shipment service. There was a 3 workdays delay due to Holy weeks in between. The orthodox Easter followed the catholic Eastern , and I received in Greek Holy Thursday instead of the Roman Holy Thursday

The package was too funny:

Most sellers from Amazon including the company use a good packing. IN a very contrast to them , Fowlers packed the box inside a big A3 envelope , inside protected with air bullets . Even too funny was that they put only my address as recipients address !!!

No invoice was in the package !!! Also no reply from my two emails the one was the confirmation of receipt ! That means they have a very bad after sales service (??)

Opening the envelope was a thick carton box with a mains power adaptor to the UK standards and a thick carton box , I color referring to a generic e –reader with some general specification on the ‘bottom left’ on the cover part . Its end uses an magnetic mechanism to stick into the remain box of the packet . This is exactly the same standard of boxes I remember since the early 2000s when I bought from Hong Kong several other gadgets (mp3 players ). Look here!

THis is the  mains power socket adaptor THis is unsuitable  in Greece since a different standard is used

Inside the box there was the me-book at the top inside a white protective layer. Mebook has a black color exactly as advertised., laid inside a black protective ribbon to reduce shocks .

A thin carton paper to separates this set from the remain accessories : mains adaptor (UK standard?) , earphones and as USB cable etc

The mains  power adaptor , has  also a different plug , I am not sure but reminds me the UK standard

The opposite  plug is similar to the  Nokia's mobile phone plug

This is the first part . In the next parts I will post an analysis of the Mebook’s operation and compatibility. Expect it soon!

 


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου